- Basically the new Law will provide an Employment Authorization
Document (EAD) valid for two years to every person, living in the United States illegaly, that meets the following requirements:
- They came to the United States when they were under 16 years of age.
- They have continuousy resided in the U.S. for at least 5 years.
- They are currently studying (School, College or University), have graduated from High School,
obtained the GED or have been dishonorably discharge from the Coast guard or Armed forces.
- They have no criminal record.
- They are between 15 and 30 years of age.
- The Law will also stop deportation of persons already detained or appearing before an Immigration Judge
- The Immigration Fee for filing is
- Our office will charge $200 for completing
your application, photocopying all documents, translating birth certificate
- and taking photographs.
If you are renewing your work permit
bring only proof that you have lived in the United States for the past two years, you do not have to re-submit documents that
you submitted with the original application.